MVH is Pet Friendly – You MUST Have a Pet Lease!
The down-payment is $400: $200 is refundable if there are no pet-related damages at move-out; $200 is nonrefundable to deodorize & deflea the premises at move-out. The monthly pet rent is $35 or greater (amounts vary depending on breed, weight, etc.). If you would like to get a cat/dog, we’ll need written approval from all your roommates (a simple email to the Property Manager is perfect!) before a Pet Lease can be signed. A picture of the pet must be obtained, as well as, a copy of the Vet immunization records. UNDISCLOSED PETS RESULT IN A $100/PERSON FINE PER OCCURRENCE! Be sure to promptly sign a Pet Lease to ensure you (or your roommates!) aren’t subject to a fine. Service and Emotional Support animals are allowed at all properties, by law. Please see the Service and Emotional Support Animal policy for guidelines for these animals.
• Outdoor fire places, pits, chimneas and any outdoor burning device; candles, kegs, illegal drugs, illegal alcohol, hot tubs, water beds, propane cooking devices, indoor furniture outside of the unit and undomesticated animals are prohibited.
• We further understand if the above items are found on the premises, they will be removed and disposed of at the tenant’s expense.
• Outdoor parties are strictly prohibited.
• No Smoking inside dwelling units. Any and all trash from smoking or other activity left outside of a unit shall be tenant responsibility and tenant will be subject to fines as laid out in “Maintenance” above.
• If LANDLORD/AGENT determines that furniture outside the unit is improper, LANDLORD/AGENT will have it removed and TENANT will be charged according to the expense incurred. Each TENANT occupying the premises will be fined a minimum of $50 for improper disposal of trash (i.e. leaving trash in breezeways). No further notice will be given before trash is removed and the fine added to TENANTs account.
• No grills are allowed on the premises. If a grill is found on the premises, tenant agrees Landlord/Agent may remove the grill immediately without notice. Tenant agrees to pay for the removal and disposal of the grill. Tenant agrees to hold Landlord/Agent harmless for any damage or loss of grill.
• Any violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a fine of $50 per person. Any repeat violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a minimum fine of $100 per person.
TENANT agrees to conduct himself, and require other persons on the premises with his consent, whether known by TENANT or not, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises. Landlord or its agent shall have the right to terminate this lease and evict TENANT if TENANT or any of his assigns, invitees, and/or guests has within a one (1) year period has been twice convicted of violating for violations occurring at the premises or in the near vicinity of the premises. Tenant understands that if Tenant violates any applicable HOA covenants or restrictions tenant may be subject to fines.
Utilities must be kept ON for the duration of your lease term (per the Rules & Regulations). If, during your lease term, you shutoff water or electric, the services will automatically revert to Matchbox’s name, and our office will receive a bill – you and your roommates will each receive a $50 Utility Bill Processing Fee fine for each bill we receive, in addition to the cost of utility usage. To avoid the possibility of a fine, please ensure you have water and electric ON and in your name(s) for the duration of your lease term!
You can definitely shut off the breaker for items that will be completely out of use when you’re gone for summer or winter break. Flip open the breaker box (it is located in the hallway). There will be a large white sticker on the inside of the door that shows what each switch goes to.
You must leave on A/C (5, 7), Water Heater (9, 11), Furnace (6, 8), Network Panel (14), Lighting (16) & Bedroom 1/Smoke Detector (18).
You may shutoff the remaining switches, which are: Dryer (1, 3), Washing Machine (13), Garbage Disposal (15), Microwave (17), Dining/Kitchen (19), Refrigerator, if empty (21), Bathroom (23), Range (2, 4), Living Room (10), Dishwasher (12), Bedroom 2 (20), Bedroom 3 (22) & Bedroom 4 (24).
The numbers may be slightly different in your apartment. Please keep in mind that both Harrisonburg Water & Sewer and Harrisonburg Electric Commission charge a monthly minimum, but this should help with the cost no less!
Heavy wood furniture with some cushions; that is basically crate furniture. We know, it isn’t the most glamorous furniture ever, but it is possibly the most durable. Many communities offer soft, luxurious, beautiful furniture, but if you ask your friends that have lived in and move out of those communities how much they had to pay for damaged furniture, you will understand why crate furniture is a great option. We rarely have to charge a tenant for furniture at Mountain View Heights, and when we do, it is typically just to replace some cushions not an entire couch! Care is easy, just vacuum the cushions when you vacuum your floors & wipe the wood with some wood polish from time to time. While it is very durable, we still recommend using costars whenever you have beverage that sweats or leave rings!
We want you to receive a full security deposit refund! Here are our top 3 tips for items that commonly result in a security deposit deduction.