To Submit a Career Application: Click Here
To Learn More About Current Openings: Click Here
Thank you for your interest in a career with Matchbox Realty/Concentric Services!
When you become employed at Matchbox Realty/Concentric Services, you are joining a hard-working team dedicated to ensuring every owner, client, tenant, customer and vendor we interact with has a superior and memorable experience. We measure our success by being able to help those that have given us the opportunity to serve them. We strive to be the Market Standard in Residential Leasing & Management, Commercial Sales, Leasing, & Management, and Development & Investment. Concentric Services, a full-service maintenance and grounds company, strives to provide quality and affordable maintenance service to our residential and commercial properties in a timely manner. Relationships are not built on one transaction or one experience and neither is our business.
Matchbox’s size and tight-knit team enable the company to go above and beyond for its customers, partners and tenants. Whether it’s providing education for tenants or personal consultations for management and commercial clients – Matchbox delivers caring, responsive service that can only be found with a local company deeply rooted in the community.
We encourage you to explore our employment opportunities below, as well as what we offer our team members. Don’t see a current opening that matches your search? No problem! We are always looking for potential hires and welcome your application.
We also welcome any questions you might have regarding a career with us! Contact information for Human Resources can be found at the bottom of this page.
What We Offer
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Retirement Match
Aetna publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Matchbox Realty. These files may be found at aetna.com under plan disclosures.
Our Company Culture
Matchbox embraces a team-oriented culture in which employees have the opportunity to grow and advance. This is reflected in the long tenure of many employees.
Current Job Openings
Seasonal Residential Assistant
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
- Promptly greet visitors and provide stellar Customer Service
- Respond to all inquiries within the day.
- Present yourself in a manner that is welcoming to incoming visitors, guests, prospects, vendors, owners, co-workers.
- Answer phones and relay information on the community and units to prospective residents. Must be able to answer questions by looking for appropriate information in Rent Manager. Transfer calls to other residential staff as appropriate.
- Take prospective residents on tours of units and communities.
- Sign out/give out parking permits and keys. Maintain appropriate paperwork for these items.
- Assist with inspections as directed by Portfolio Manager.
- Clerical Duties
- Answer phones
- compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Special projects as assigned
- Education-Some College
- Clerical or Property Management Experience-1-3 years
Residential Portfolio Manager
Plan, direct, or coordinate the leasing, or governance activities of assigned residential real estate properties. Includes leased housing units and buildings.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Property Management
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations within portfolio
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of residential properties.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for residential properties.
- Direct organizational operations, projects, facility maintenance and/or repair activities
- Act as liaison between tenants and owners and between departments or other groups to improve function or communication.
- Portfolios are subject to change based on management decisions.
- Market vacant space to prospective tenants through marketing department, advertising, or other methods.
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Prospecting with potential tenants through repetitive follow-ups
- Signing Leases (sending via Docusign and setting up virtual lease signings)
- Coordinate tenant turnover
- Record Keeping/Finances
- Maintain operational records.
- Direct collection of monthly rental fees, and deposits.
- Maintain records of sales, rental or usage activity, maintenance and operating costs, or property availability.
- Prepare financial detailed documents including financial reports and budgets for properties.
- Analyze financial records to improve budgeting or planning.
- Set market rents and pertinent user defined field prior to leasing season.
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors, Peers, Customers, or Subordinates
- Provide excellent customer service including prompt phone calls and emails (within 24 hours)
- Communicate organizational information to customers or other stakeholders.
- Follow timeline to send out pertinent documents at various times of the year to tenants, owners, and shareholders
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities as a team.
- Promote Matchbox products, services, or programs.
- Perform on occasion manual service or maintenance tasks.
- Comply with VRLTA, Local ordinances, and applicable zoning laws.
- Years of Experience: 2-5 in clerical and/or sales
- Education: Some College
- Licensed Virginia Real Estate Salesperson or Obtain Virginia Real Estate Salesperson licensing within agreed timeline
- Valid Driver’s license and meet company driving requirements
If you have questions regarding current openings, benefits, our application, or our company culture, we welcome you to reach out to our Director of Human Resources, Cara Fravel. She can be reached at: Cara@MatchboxRealty.com, or by calling (540) 434-5150 ext. 118.
Employment Verifications can be faxed to 540-434-3634 or emailed to Cara@MatchboxRealty.com.