If you’re interested in learning about what information about you that Matchbox Realty collects through our web sites and what we do with it, you’ve come to the right place!
- We tell you what information about you we collect and how we collect it.
- Next we will tell you how we use or disclose that information, and how we protect it.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Information that you submit.
When you fill out and submit a registration form, rental application form or a related form for one of our communities (whether through our web site, in person, by phone or some other means), we collect the information included in that form (your name, social security number, phone number, date of birth, email address, etc.). It’s the same for other stuff you submit, like job applications, online rent payments, and service requests.
Web site use information.
We collect information about how you use our web sites using cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts or similar technologies. The kind of information we’re talking about may include:
- the number and frequency of visitors to each web page in our web site
- the length of their stays
- the type of browser each visitor is using to view our web site
- the type of operating system each visitor is using
- the domain name of each visitor’s Internet service provider
- the visitor’s IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet, which our web servers use to identify where to send the information your computer requests)
- the address (or “URL”) of the web site that the visitor came from before visiting our web site
- which pages were visited on our web site
- what was clicked on
How do we use or disclose the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to:
- determine your eligibility to rent an apartment
- provide you with services or process transactions that you have requested
- communicate with you regarding information or offers that we believe will be of interest to you
- respond to your questions or other requests
- process any applications, payments or changes to your account information
- conduct user surveys
- contact you regarding a sweepstakes, contest or promotion in which you have participated
- fulfill other purposes disclosed at the time you provide personally identifiable information
We may use the information you provide to improve our web site or our services, to customize your experience on our web site, to serve you specific content, or for other business purposes. We may disclose:
- non-personally identifiable information, such as web site use information or other aggregated user statistics, to third parties
- any information we collect to our affiliates or subsidiaries for business purposes related to your tenancy or to process any application, request or inquiry
- any information we collect to third parties who perform services on our behalf, including, without limitation, third parties that send communications, process payments, analyze data, assist with
- utility billing or renters insurance, provide credit checks, resident screening, or collection services, provide marketing assistance, or create, host and/or provide customer service on our behalf
We do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
We post on our web site testimonials that may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain your permission before posting your name along with a testimonial you submit. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us at Info@matchboxrealty.local.
We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of personally identifiable information that you provide to us, including disposing of records that contain personally identifiable information by shredding, erasing, or otherwise destroying physical or electronic media in a manner that would reasonably be expected to prevent it from being read or reconstructed. We can’t guarantee the security of any data submitted over the Internet. However, after your information reaches us, we store it on servers (or in the case of information received from you in person, in writing or over the phone, in physical storage areas) protected by procedures and technology designed to block reasonably foreseeable intrusions by unauthorized third parties.
Other things you should know.
If you don’t want our cookies, you don’t have to have them. You can set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our web site. But if you block our cookies, our web site isn’t going to work well for you. We’re not trying to be mean. It’s just how the technology works.
You can also opt out of getting emails from us. Just follow the unsubscribe/opt out instructions contained in our emails. Of course, you may miss out on news that we’d like to share with you, but that’s your call. You agree to email communication when you sign your lease if you are a resident. You cannot opt out of emails pertaining to your lease.
Updating your information
If you think we’ve got your information wrong, send us an email at Info@matchboxrealty.local. We may follow up with you to make sure that we’re making the right changes.
Third party content
Some of the stuff on our web site may be served by a third party. These third parties may drop their own cookies and/or use web beacons or embedded scripts, which may be used to identify some of your preferences or to recognize you if you have previously had contact with those third parties. We do not control the use of such technology by third parties, the information they collect, or how they use such information.
Links to other web sites and social media widgets
Our web site includes social media features, such as the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram buttons. We don’t host those features, but we’re pretty sure that Facebook and the other guys collect data from you when you click on their buttons. For example, they may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our web site. They may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. You should check out their privacy policies to find out more about what information they collect and what they do with it.
Kids are great, but our web site isn’t the right place for them. We don’t knowingly direct our web site to children younger than age thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on our web site and we will delete any information later determined to be from a person younger than age thirteen (13).
Effective Date: 9/11/2017