Helpful Hints While Living at the Urban Exchange
We want to help you save money throughout your time at the Urban Exchange. We have come up a list of issues that can cost a tenant money, like resetting a garbage disposal or cleaning the seal on your washer. This is not an all-inclusive list, but it will help!
We love pets and we know that YOU love your pets, but please understand that having a pet at the Urban Exchange and any of our communities is a privilege and not a right. You must be able to take the ownership of your pet very seriously just as you would when taking on having a child of your own. Your pet deserves your time, your love, your attention and your leadership. Please know the rules of pet ownership before you decide to bring one into your life.
- Monthly pet fees are $35-$50 per month depending on the size of the pet. There will also be a $400 pet fee/deposit that is due at the lease signing.
- If you have a larger breed dog, you will be asked to use the stairwell instead of the elevator when taking your pet out of the building. Even though you love your pet, others may not be quite so fond of them in a confined space.
- Your pet must be on a leash at all times; inside and outside of the building with the exception of your apartment.
- The Courtyard area between the two buildings is off-limits to any and all pets. The flora and fauna in the courtyard can be damaged by urine and pet “gifts”.
- Please always have a bag in your hand when walking your pet outside. There is a Pet Doggie Doo Station at the corner of the 242 building on Water Street. You can certainly drop your doggie bag in there so you don’t have to carry it back in the building.
- A crate is your dog’s best friend. You chose your apartment for you but it is unfamiliar territory to your pet. A crate is a familiar home and they will be very comfortable in this space when you are gone. Please also remember that if you are expecting maintenance to stop by your apartment, you will need to have your pet in a crate so that maintenance can enter and get their work completed.
- During a snow, please do not let your dog run freely outside of the building and then leave us “special gifts” in the snow so that when the snow melts it is in the pathway for everyone to step on. It is still your responsibility to walk your pet and pick up after them.
- When taking kitty litter to the trash chutes, please double bag the litter so that you don’t have a breaking bag incident in the hallway. If there is an accident between the times you leave your apartment and get it to the chute, please be sure to clean it up.
- If your pet has an accident in the building, please clean it up thoroughly.