MVH is Animal Friendly – You MUST Have a Animal Lease!
The down-payment is $400: $200 is refundable if there are no animal-related damages at move-out; $200 is nonrefundable to deodorize & deflea the premises at move-out. The monthly animal rent is $35 or greater (amounts vary depending on breed, weight, etc.). If you would like to bring a cat/dog, you will need to contact the Property Manager to obtain the appropriate paperwork. Please remember, all roommates will need to approve of your request. No more than two (2) animals are allowed per unit.
A picture of the animal must be obtained, as well as, a copy of the Vet immunization records. UNDISCLOSED ANIMALS RESULT IN A $100/PERSON FINE PER OCCURRENCE! Be sure to promptly sign an Animal Lease to ensure you (or your roommates!) aren’t subject to a fine. Service and Emotional Support animals are allowed at all properties, by law.
• Outdoor fire places, pits, chimneas and any outdoor burning device; candles, kegs, illegal drugs, illegal alcohol, hot tubs, water beds, propane cooking devices, indoor furniture outside of the unit and undomesticated animals are prohibited.
• We further understand if the above items are found on the premises, they will be removed and disposed of at the tenant’s expense.
• Outdoor parties are strictly prohibited.
• No Smoking inside dwelling units. Any and all trash from smoking or other activity left outside of a unit shall be tenant responsibility and tenant will be subject to fines as laid out in “Maintenance” above.
• If LANDLORD/AGENT determines that furniture outside the unit is improper, LANDLORD/AGENT will have it removed and TENANT will be charged according to the expense incurred. Each TENANT occupying the premises will be fined a minimum of $50 for improper disposal of trash (i.e. leaving trash in breezeways). No further notice will be given before trash is removed and the fine added to TENANTs account.
• No grills are allowed on the premises. If a grill is found on the premises, tenant agrees Landlord/Agent may remove the grill immediately without notice. Tenant agrees to pay for the removal and disposal of the grill. Tenant agrees to hold Landlord/Agent harmless for any damage or loss of grill.
• Any violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a fine of $50 per person. Any repeat violation of this lease may, at LANDLORD discretion, result in a minimum fine of $100 per person.
TENANT agrees to conduct himself, and require other persons on the premises with his consent, whether known by TENANT or not, to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises. Landlord or its agent shall have the right to terminate this lease and evict TENANT if TENANT or any of his assigns, invitees, and/or guests has within a one (1) year period has been twice convicted of violating Section 15-3-2 of the Harrisonburg City Code for violations occurring at the premises or in the near vicinity of the premises. Tenant understands that if Tenant violates any applicable HOA covenants or restrictions tenant may be subject to fines.
Utilities must be kept ON for the duration of your lease term (per the Rules & Regulations). If, during your lease term, you shutoff utilities, the services can/will be transferred to Matchbox’s name, and our office will receive a bill – you and your roommates will each receive a $50 Utility Bill Processing Fee fine for each bill we receive, in addition to the cost of utility usage. To avoid the possibility of a fine, please ensure you have water and electric ON and in your name(s) for the duration of your lease term! This includes Winter Break, Summer Break and extended vacations.
You can definitely shut off the breaker for items that will be completely out of use when you’re gone for summer or winter break. Flip open the breaker box (it is located in the hallway). There will be a large white sticker on the inside of the door that shows what each switch goes to.
You must leave on A/C (5, 7), Water Heater (9, 11), Furnace (6, 8), Network Panel (14), Lighting (16) & Bedroom 1/Smoke Detector (18).
You may shutoff the remaining switches, which are: Dryer (1, 3), Washing Machine (13), Garbage Disposal (15), Microwave (17), Dining/Kitchen (19), Refrigerator, if empty (21), Bathroom (23), Range (2, 4), Living Room (10), Dishwasher (12), Bedroom 2 (20), Bedroom 3 (22) & Bedroom 4 (24).
The numbers may be slightly different in your apartment. Please keep in mind that both Harrisonburg Water & Sewer and Harrisonburg Electric Commission charge a monthly minimum, but this should help with the cost no less!
Common area furniture upgrades began in 2020 and will be completed by Summer 2022. While durable, you must still take care of the furniture and not expose it to outdoor elements. We do recommend vacuuming the furniture and covering the upholstery if you have animals to ensure longevity and to avoid deductions from your Security Deposit. The Common Area furniture includes: Couch, Two (2) Arms Chairs, Coffee Table, Two (2) End Tables, Wall-Mounted Television (with Roku), Dining Room Table and four (4) chairs, and Three (3) barstools.
Heavy wood furniture with some cushions; that is basically crate furniture. We know, it isn’t the most glamorous furniture ever, but it is possibly the most durable. We rarely have to charge a tenant for furniture at Mountain View Heights, and when we do, it is typically just to replace parts not an entire piece! Care is easy, just vacuum the cushions when you vacuum your floors & wipe the wood with some wood polish from time to time. While it is very durable, we still recommend using coasters whenever you have beverage that sweats or leave rings! Bedroom Furniture includes: Full-sized Bed frame & mattress, One (1) Nightstand, One (1) dresser, One (1) desk and chair.
We want you to receive a full security deposit refund! Here are our top 3 tips for items that commonly result in a security deposit deduction.