Without all 4 Guaranties, you are on a joint account – This means all 4 accounts must reflect a $0 balance for any one tenant to check-in.
With all 4 Guaranties, you are on an individual account – This means that only your individual account must reflect a $0 to check-in.
Did you lose the physical copy you were given at check-in and can’t find the electronic copy you were sent via email? No worries! Email CVA@MatchboxRealty.com to request another copy.
Mail: 2401 Clubhouse Court Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Email, preferred: or CVA@MatchboxRealty.com
Be sure that your account reflects a $0 balance. This includes (per person):
• $250 Routine Systems Maintenance Fee
• $250 Security Deposit
• $40 Key Fee
• 1st Months’ Rent
Remember: If you’re on a joint account, not only does your balance need to be paid in full, but your roommates’ do, too! Return the Guaranty of Lease to ensure you’re each on an individual account.
We accept check or money order payments at our onsite office year-round. Please make payments payable to Matchbox Realty. Unfortunately, we cannot accept payments at our onsite office – check payments must be mailed to MATCHBOX REALTY, PO BOX 222312, CHANTILLY, VA 20153-2312. We do offer , including affordable automatic payment options! Request your secure account number from .
Rent is due on the 1st/month (you’ll get a different monthly ‘Thank You’ coupon for paying on time!). Late fees are assessed on the 5 day/month at 5pm. PLEASE pay on time! Late fees are 10% of the total monthly rent or $50, whichever is greater.
If 1-3 are done, you’re ready to check-in! Visit the onsite CVA Model Home, located at 2401 Clubhouse Court with a government-issued ID. We’ll have your 24/7 access key fobs, parking stickers, guest passes & keys ready (and of course, some CVA swag and freebies)! Place your parking sticker on your car immediately – 1st Choice Towing has a 24/7 contract with CVA. If you have friends or family helping you move, please be sure they park in one of the first-come, first-served visitor spaces throughout the community. A couple reminders:
• On your lease start date, your lease begins at 12pm. We work up until the last minute to ensure your apartment looks perfect. Therefore, keys cannot be issued early – NO EXCEPTIONS. Please plan accordingly.
• We’ll snap your photo for your internal account with us. Don’t worry – no one will see the photo but us! If you’re ever locked out of your apartment with an ID, we can verify your identity by your photo.
• For our community Parking Policy, you’ll need to know your auto make/model and license plate #. We have both interior stickers (for non-tinted vehicle windows) & exterior stickers (for tinted vehicle windows) available.
1. If there’s an individual who is in town and you would trust to pick up your keys on your behalf, shoot an email to with your approval. A simple “I approve for [Jane Doe] to pick-up my key” is perfect. We’ll make a note on your account to allow the release of your key to that person.
*Please note that if you also wish for this individual to pick-up your permanent parking sticker, you must also include your acknowledgment that you’ve read and agree to our community Parking Policy. The individual will need to know your vehicle’s auto make/model, license plate # and whether or not you have dark tint on your rear view window.
2. We have an employee on call 24/7. If you’re willing to pay a $50 cash charge (equal to our lockout fee), we’ll send them out to the CVA office ANY time to get your key(s). If you would like to go this route, dial and press extension 7.
Our helpful, including contact information, maintenance troubleshooting tips AND MORE! Residents will receive a physical copy at check-in.
You’ll be given your mail key when you return the move-in inspection. If you open your mailbox to find mail from the previous residents, please write “RETURN TO SENDER” or “DOES NOT LIVE HERE ANYMORE” on each individual piece of mail and toss in the outgoing mailbox. The mail carrier will redeliver the mail to the previous tenant at the forwarding address they provided the United States Postal Service.
*The exception to the move-in inspection is if you signed an as-is lease. Keep in mind that since there is no turnover period with an as-is lease, there is no formal move-out/move-in inspection procedure (and thus no move-in inspection). Tenants who sign an as-is lease are given (per Specific Provisions) 10 days from commencement date of their lease to report any preexisting damages.
Closest to the front door
Off the living room
2nd closest to the front door
Also off the living room
3rd closest to the front door
Off the hallway toward the back of the apartment
4th closest to the front door
Straight down the hallway toward the back of the apartment