Shannon Hill Townhouse Association
Rules & Regulations
- The City of Staunton provides for trash removal. Trash is picked up on Tuesdays unless otherwise designated by the City. Trash cans should not be set out before 4:30 PM on Monday evening (bags not before 7 AM on Tuesday morning) and should be brought back in by 8 PM on day of pickup. Trash may not be stored in the front of any building and should be stored in covered trash can containers, out of sight. “Heavy” trash must only be set at the curb during the City of Staunton’s designated ‘heavy trash’ week.
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed on any lot, except a standard real estate sign of not more than six square feet advertising the property for sale or rent. The sign must be placed so it is not a mowing impediment.
- Each lot is entitled to use of not more than two (2) automobile parking spaces in the Common drive. Overflow parking is along the curb of the Common Area or in the spaces between buildings. No vehicles or trailers, etc. may be parked on the grass for a period of over 24 hours, and only for loading and unloading purposes.
- No offensive behavior or loud music is permitted on any lots. No noxious or offensive use or activity shall be carried on upon any lot, parking area, or Common Area, nor shall any practice be engaged in by the Owners of the Lots, their tenants, agents, guests, or assigns, that shall become an annoyance or a nuisance to the neighborhood.
- Owners are responsible for maintenance of their landscaping beds including keeping them mulched, clean and free of weeds. The removal of dead trees is the responsibility of the Lot Owner.
- All children’s toys, lawn maintenance equipment, and other unsightly objects and equipment shall be stored inside, or in a screened location overnight when not in use. Rubbish/trash must be stored in trash cans at the rear of the building or in screened location. Storage of these items in any front or side yards is prohibited. “Children’s toys” includes, without limitation, bicycles, tricycles, wagons, sandboxes, baby carriages, sliding boards, basketball goals, sleds, and all snow and sports related equipment. “Heavy” trash must only be set at the curb during Staunton City designated ‘heavy trash’ week. Nothing shall be permanently placed in yards that will impede lawn maintenance such as fencing, walkway lighting, etc.
- No exterior clothesline or hanging device shall be allowed upon any Lot. Although satellite dishes are permitted, dishes must not be visible from the front of the building. and may not be attached to the roofs or siding on any building.
- All animals must be kept in such a manner as to not be bothersome to other residents, subject to any governmental regulation, including City of Staunton City ordinances. Dogs must stay in their own yards or Common Area. When utilizing the Common Area, the dog must be on a leash and/or under the direct control of an owner or caretaker. No animal may be tethered between the hours 10 pm and 6 am. All pet waste must be immediately picked up. Owners shall not keep more than one (1) dog on their lot.
- All exterior changes/modifications/improvements to any unit or lot, except for landscaping, must first be submitted to the Architectural Review Board for review. Contact the managing agent at 540-434-6166 or HOA@MatchboxRealty.com for the appropriate approval request form.
- Russ & Dotty Rutan
- Vice President
- Chris Wray
- Member at Large
- Kathy Belcher
- Colleen Theobald
- Dixie Stoddard