Shannon Hill Townhouse Association
Rules & Regulations
- The City of Staunton provides for trash removal. Trash is picked up on Tuesdays unless
otherwise notified by the City of Staunton. Trash cans may not be set out before 5 PM on
Monday evening (bags not before 7 AM on Tuesday morning), and must be brought back in by
8PM on day of pickup. Trash may be temporarily stored in covered trash can containers at the
back of the townhomes. Snow removal is provided on Association parking lots but does not include individual driveways
in the rear of units 5-15.
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed on any lot, except a standard real estate sign of not more
than six square feet advertising the property for sale or rent. Only American flags are permitted on exterior of buildings. These may only be mounted on the
exterior of the building.
- Each lot is entitled to use of not more than two (2) automobile parking spaces. Overflow parking is in Common Area. Parking violations (misuse of visitor parking, expired tags or inspection stickers) may result in towing at vehicle owner’s expense.
- No utility trailer, house camper, recreational vehicle, other trailer, bus, commercial equipment,
disabled or unlicensed vehicle or material portion thereof, or commercial vehicle large than ¾
ton, may be parked on any street or parking area, Lot or common Area, unless, in the case of
commercial equipment, it shall be temporarily within such subdivision for the purpose of
performing work therein.
- No offensive behavior or loud music is permitted on any lots. No noxious or offensive use or
activity shall be carried on upon any lot, parking area, or common Area, nor shall any practice
be engaged in by the Owners of the Lots, their tenants, agents, guests, or assigns, that shall
become an annoyance or a nuisance to the neighborhood. Each household is entitled to the use
of their marked parking spaces. No unit shall occupy more than two parking spaces except for
“temporary guests.” Temporary guests shall mean seven or less nights per month.
- Lot Owners are responsible for maintenance of the general landscaping, including trimming of
shrubbery, and other garden care of their own lots, as well as mowing any inaccessible or
fenced grass areas of their lots.
- No lawn ornaments, wood structures, or similar items shall be placed or used in any yard on any
lot unless approved by the ARB.
- All children’s toys, lawn maintenance equipment, motor bikes, all terrain vehicles, mopeds,
scooters, barbecue grills, trash receptacles, rubbish, and other unsightly objects and equipment
shall be stored inside or in a screened location overnight or when not in use. Storage of these
items in any front or side yards is prohibited. “Children’s toy’s” includes without limitation
bicycles, tricycles, wagons, sandboxes, baby carriages, sliding boards, basketball goals, sleds,
and all snow and sports related equipment.
- All exterior changes/modifications/improvements must first be submitted to the Architectural
Review Board for review.
- All animals must be kept in such a manner as to not be bothersome to other residents, subject
to any governmental regulation, including City of Staunton City ordinances. Dogs outside must
be on a leash or inside a fence. No animal may be tied or caged outside and all pet waste must
be immediately picked up. Owners shall not keep more than one (1) dog on their Lot.
- Russ & Dotty Rutan
- Vice President
- Chris Wray
- Kathy Belcher
- Carole Kivlighan
- Colleen Theobald