Massanetta Springs Cottage Owners Association
Rules & Regulations
- Mowing requirement – Grass is to be no taller than 10 inches. This includes the mowing of grass in ditches.
- Individual homeowners are responsible for keeping ditches free of weeds, leaves and debris. The level of debris in ditches should not impede water flow.
- Remodeling projects that do not require board approval need to be completed within a timely manner (for example, unfinished painting or landscaping), maximum of one year.
Materials for remodeling projects that are stored outside need to be kept in a neat and safe manner. Materials not being used for current project (s) need to be kept out of view.
Completion time for compliance – dependent upon project.
- It is understood that MSCOA is a community with many trees and several lots have a natural wooded look. Small branches and some leaf covering is acceptable as long as the leaves do not pose a fire hazard, block drainage ditches, or encroach upon neighboring properties. December 15 is the deadline for fall leaf clean up. Large oversized limbs (longer than 5 feet and wider than 3 inches in diameter) need to be removed and/or stored out of sight until they can be disposed of properly.
- Owners are responsible to remove any debris that washes into the road (including gravel, topsoil, leaves, etc.) from their property.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted to be kept on any lot unless it has a valid state license plate and current inspection sticker.
Resident vehicles may only be parked in the driveway or garage. Temporary street parking is for guest use only.
Recreational vehicles and campers must be stored within an enclosed structure.
- Kayaks and canoes must be stored on the back side of the property. Other boats are not permitted unless they are stored within an enclosed structure.
Utility trailers may not be parked on the street.
Construction and building materials and equipment must be stored within an enclosed structure or stowed in a neat and organized manner.
Trash cans, refuse piles – Trash receptacles should be removed from view of the street or road on which the lot fronts.
No accumulation of litter or other trash is allowed to be left on the lot.
Driveway/Yard Storage – Items in yards should be of a nature or classified as lawn ornaments or lawn decoration.
Compost piles are to be covered or fenced.
- Dogs that are outside need to be leashed or in a Board approved enclosed area.
*Note -Owners walking dogs in the neighborhood are responsible for waste clean-up.
- Permission will be required from the Board before removing any live tree from your property with a diameter of more than 6 inches.
It is the responsibility of the homeowner to address any dead trees that are noted during the walk-through. A letter should be sent to the homeowner, informing them of the dead tree and kept on file as part of MSCOA’s records.
Note: If cited tree(s) cause damage, it is deemed negligence of homeowner.
- Josie Showalter
- Teresa Stanonik c/o Jeremy Braziel
- Michael & Eugenie Finn-McKenzie
- Richard A. & Pearl K Castle
- Vice President
- Gannon & Wanda Beck
- Sean McCarthy